Monday , 18 May 2026
Home News BREAKING: Resident doctors call off strike
News

BREAKING: Resident doctors call off strike

The Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors, NARD, has called off its ongoing strike.

Recall that the doctors, in August, embarked on strike following a disagreement with the Federal Government over some unresolved issues.

However, Godiya Ishaya, NARD president, in a statement, revealed that the ongoing strike had officially been called off.

He said that the decision was taken after a meeting with the delegates of NMA and NARD.

Ishaya noted that NMA mandated the National Officers Committee, NOC, to ensure the implementation of the memorandum of understanding signed with the federal government on August 21.

According to him, the association also asked NOC to report back to the National Executive Council of NMA periodically on the progress being made on implementing the memorandum of understanding.

“We’ve officially suspended the strike to resume at 8:00 am on Wednesday. We made the decision in the wee hours of today.

”We held an emergency meeting from 5:30 pm on Sunday to the morning hours of today, and the NEC decided that having reviewed the progress made so far, the strike should be suspended,” he said.

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Abbas, Obasa, Faleke, Buhari’s son, others secure APC Reps tickets

House of Representatives Speaker Abbas Tajudeen, his deputy Benjamin Kalu, Lagos State...

Nigeria-US kills ISIS leader, Abu-Bilal Al-Manuk in counterterrorism operation

Nigerian President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the United States of America president,...

Taiwo Oyedele replaces Wale Edun as Finance minister

Former minister of state for finance, Taiwo Oyedele has replaced Wale Edun...

APC presidential, governorship primaries fixed for May 15, 23

The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) took a giant step towards the...