Nollywood actress, Funke Adesiyan has secured a political appointment in the office Nigeria’s first lady, Aisha Buhari.
In a recently released statement, Adesiyan was announced as one of the newly appointed aides of the first lady after her return from London.
ANN further gathered that the appointment of the Nollywood actress alongside other appointees has been approved by President Muhammadu Buhari.
The government now officially refers to Mrs Buhari as “first lady”, after Mrs Buhari said she would no longer be known as “wife of the president”.
A spokesperson for the office of the first lady, Suleiman Haruna, said six appointees for different offices in the office of the first lady were approved by Mr President on Wednesday, October 16, 2019.
Here is a list of the apppointees and their offices
1) Dr. Mairo Almakura – Special Assistant on African First Ladies Peace Mission (AFLPM)
2) Muhammed Albishir – Special Assistant on Organization of African First Ladies for Development (OAFLAD)
3) Wole Aboderin – Special Assistant on Non-Governmental Organizations
4) Barr. Aiyu Abdullahi – Special Assistant on Media and Publicity
5) Zainab Kazeem – Special Assistant on Domestic and Social Events
6) Funke Adesiyan – Personal Assistant on Domestic and Social Events.