Edward Onoja has been tipped to become the next Deputy Governor of Kogi state after Simon Achuba was impeached for gross misconduct.
According to a report by the News Agency of Nigeria, Onoja is billed for swearing in on Saturday, October 19, 2019.
Here are seven quick facts about Onoja
1. Edward Onoja is 44 years old
2. Onoja is an indigene of Emonyoku Ogugu in Olamaboro local government area of Kogi state.
3. The politician is a trained Geologist.
4. In 2011, Onoja sought the ticket of the former All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) for a house of assembly seat.
5. Onoja was the chief strategist of “Yahaya Bello Campaign Organization” in 2015 and the state director of the Kogi Youth Arise Group, which worked for the success of President Muhammadu Buhari, still in 2015.
6. Onoja formally resigned as chief staff on October 16, 2019.
7. On October 18, 2019, he was tipped to become Kogi’s Dep Gov